Effective Date: 31 January 2015
The James Bensen Website, www.jamesbensen.com, is owned and operated by Sasman Trading (Pty) Ltd.
We have referred to Sasman Trading (Pty) Ltd in this document as “James Bensen”, “we”, “us” or “our”.
1. Our Commitment to Protecting Your Personal Information
If you do not agree to be bound by these terms, please exit this page and do not access or use the Website.
2. Personal Information
All Personal Information collected is volunteered by you during the registration process and/or in response to specific information requests presented to you.
Personal Information that we may collect from you includes but is not limited to the following:
– first name, last name, email address, password, date of birth
– billing address, shipping address, telephone number
– eye glass prescription
– credit card information and banking details
– customer Service phone calls and emails
3. Non-Personal Information
In order to constantly improve our Service we may use certain Non-Personal Information that’s collected from time to time through your use of the Website or from other sources, to develop targeted advertising on our Website and on Websites of third parties. This information may also be shared with third parties (including but not limited to advisors, advertisers, suppliers and investors) for the purposes of improving the Service and analysing the business.
Non-Personal Information that we collect includes but is not limited to the following:
– your Internet Protocol (IP) address
– your Internet Service Provider (ISP)
– date and time of using this Website
– your choice of operating system
– your choice of web browser
4. Use and Sharing of Personal Information
All Personal Information is retained by James Bensen, in confidence and in accordance with applicable data protection laws in South Africa.
Uses of Personal Information include but are not limited to the following:
– to enhance our Service offering to you
– manage your account and provide you with customer support
– conduct market research
– analyse your use of our Service
– communicate with you
– negotiate deals tailored to your specific location and interests
– enforce our Terms and Conditions
We will never sell or rent your Personal Information to anyone outside the Sasman Group or an affiliate of the Sasman Group, for their marketing purposes without your consent.
We reserve the right to disclose Personal Information in order to:
– comply with applicable laws
– respond to governmental enquiries (or enquiries from a legal, governmental or quasi-governmental or local authority agency or internet protection agency of any type)
– comply with a valid legal process or procedure
– protect our rights or property, this Website, and/or other users of this Website
– fulfil any contractual obligations we may have in relation to your use of the Service
– as part of the Service we may need to contact you for various reasons associated with the use of our Service, even where you have indicated you do not wish to be contacted for direct marketing purposes and will accordingly send (or may send) emails to you in some of the following circumstances: after registration (notifying you of your account details); reminder emails relating to the Services we offer (particularly if you have not used them yet or not used them for a while) and to our Home Try-On program; to send you information or Vouchers which you have asked for
– as a newsletter
– as a promotional email and
– to offer related Services to you from Sasman Group or any affiliate relating to the Sasman Group.
With regard to marketing or promotional emails we will always give you the possibility to opt-out (or unsubscribe).
7. Security and retention
All of your personal data is password protected. Your password is private and personal and in no circumstances will a James Bensen Employee ever request via email or any other medium to reveal it. In the event that you receive such a request you are advised to not comply and immediately bring it to the attention of the support team at James Bensen (email:[email protected]amesbensen).
Always remember to log out of your account after having accessed it. This is especially true when accessing it from a public or shared computer. James Bensen will accept no responsibility for any loss suffered resulting from user negligence.
We regard your data as a valuable asset and employ numerous security procedures to protect it. Our security measures include firewalls, high-level encryption and protection from viruses, spyware and other malware.
We have implemented commercially reasonable technical and organisational measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorised access, use, alteration or disclosure, but we cannot guarantee that unauthorised third parties will never be able to defeat those measures or use your Personal Information for improper purposes. We cannot ensure the security of any information transmitted to us over the Internet, and we accept no liability for any unintentional disclosure of such information. You acknowledge that you provide your Personal Information at your own risk.
8. Transfer in Certain Circumstances
If there is a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganisation or liquidation of Sasman Trading (Pty) Ltd, then, in our sole discretion, we may transfer, sell or assign information collected on and through this Website (including, without limitation, Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and other information), to one or more relevant third parties.
10. Contacting us
If you have any questions regarding this privacy statement, the practices of this Website or your dealings with us please feel free to email us on [email protected]